Gov. Terry McAuliffe recently announced the following appointments:
Council on Virginia’s Future:
- William Leighty of Henrico, managing partner of DecideSmart LLC; and
- Mike Signer of Charlottesville, mayor of Charlottesville, and managing principal of Madison Law & Strategy Group PLC.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Investment Authority:
- Timothy D. Sands of Blacksburg, president of Virginia Tech;
- Michael R. Steed of Chevy Chase, Md., founder and managing partner of Paladin Capital Group; and
- Teresa A. Sullivan of Charlottesville, president of the University of Virginia.
Northern Virginia Transportation Authority:
- Mary Hughes Hynes of Arlington, former member of the Arlington County Board; and
- James Kolb of Alexandria, partner of Summit Strategies Government Affairs.
Poet Laureate of Virginia
- Tim Seibles of Norfolk, professor of English at Old Dominion University.
Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads:
- Robert “Rob” Coleman of Newport News, deputy sheriff of Newport News Sheriff’s office;
- Carol Angela Davis of Hampton, professor at Hampton University, and media entrepreneur with iMPACT Networks LLC;
- Douglas W. Fuller of Chesapeake, chief financial officer of Precon Marine Inc.;
- C. Bradford Hunter of Portsmouth, commercial loan officer at TowneBank;
- Keith Parnell of Norfolk, CEO of JASE Group LLC; and
- Amelia Ross-Hammond of Virginia Beach, member of the Virginia Beach City Council.
Virginia Aviation Board:
- Alan C. Abbott of Ashland, president of Ashland Holdings Inc.;
- Victoria Cox of Falls Church, senior technical adviser at Veracity Engineering;
- Roderick D. Hall of Woodbridge, government affairs adviser at K&L Gates LLP; and
- John V. Mazza Jr. of South Chesterfield, president of Medallion Swim Pool Co. Inc.
Virginia Biotechnology Research Park Authority
- Carrie Hileman Chenery of Staunton, executive director of the Shenandoah Valley Partnership; and
- J. Robert Mooney of Chesterfield, co-founder and principal at New Richmond Ventures.